Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I LOVE to see the temple!

The temple is a BEAUTIFUL gift. Living in the Mormon bubble of Iona, ID, I have very rarely been exposed to a lot of the stuff that I'm experiencing here. It is a rare occasion when I can get through an entire day without hearing the F-word or the Lord's name being taken in vain. My coworkers consistently come into work hung over, and some of them stoned. For a few of my coworkers, it is literally impossible for them to function without the influence of a cigarette. Growing up in Idaho, I was around fellow members almost all the time, and if they were participating in any of these activities, I never knew it. I think I had become a little desensitized to the spirit. Now I am in Orlando, Florida, where there are much fewer places for the Holy Ghost to dwell. But I didn't really notice all that much. That is, until I stepped into the Orlando Temple last night. The shift in the atmosphere was instant, and I immediately felt the weight of the world lift off my shoulders. I felt closer to God in those few hours than I have in a very long time, and it reminded me why I love this gospel so much. It was so refreshing to feel at peace. The air was clean, my thoughts were clean, and I was serving God. I cannot express in words how grateful I am for the Lord's house. It has served me as a very bright light in the midst of darkness, and I will never, EVER, forget the importance of temples again.


2 comments:

The Clarks said...

i'm so glad you could go to that temple! it is so beautiful and i know exactly what you mean when you say you felt at peace there. it is so easy to get caught up in the world! it is so great that you got to go! love and miss you!

Tiffany said...

Ya . . . I.F. was a little bubble. I am so glad that you found the temple a haven, which it is. I can't wait for us to go together some time. Good luck with registration. :)